Fundraising & Events Sub-Committee – Call for Applications
Not Far From The Tree is launching a brand new Fundraising & Events Sub-Committee and we want YOU to be a part of it!
As a project of MakeWay Charitable Society, Not Far from the Tree is advised by a Steering Committee with responsibility for strategic direction, as well as overseeing fundraising, communications, operations, programming and finances. Currently we are seeking a Chairperson as well as five new members to join the Fundraising & Events Sub-Committee.
Are you our next Sub-Committee Chair?
Key functions of the Chair role include:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward funding requests and help foster the financial health of the organization;
- Identify and steward potential donors and fundraising prospects by facilitating introductions and building connections for NFFTT;
- Participate in the exploration process of potential new prospects;
- Provide advice and support to the Director on matters related to fundraising and business development;
- Demonstrate leadership to the Sub-Committee including but not limited to: leading the development and execution of a two-year fundraising strategy, leading governance of the sub-committee, helping recruit sub committee members; and
- Represent the Committee or present its work and serve as the primary liaison with the Chair of the Steering Committee and the Project Director.
Apply to the Sub-Committee as a Member
Key functions of the sub-committee member role include:
- Support the Chair and Director in the development and implementation of the Fundraising Strategy;
- Help identify and steward potential donors and fundraising prospects by facilitating introductions and building connections for NFFTT;
- Assist with the design, planning and implementation of fundraising events, including day-of support and managing additional event volunteers if required;
- Assist with donor stewardship strategies and implementation;
- Actively contribute to brainstorming towards creating new methods to raise funds for NFFTT; and
- Contribute to the analysis of the performance of events and other fundraising activities for effectiveness and continued learning.
If you share our mission and have the passion we are looking for, we’d love to hear from you! Our dedicated Steering Committee and Project Director will be overseeing the volunteer recruitment process.
MakeWay is strongly committed to creating a diverse workplace environment and we welcome and encourage applications from the communities we serve. MakeWay will provide accommodation during all steps of the selection process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. Please advise us if you need any accommodation.
Please send your resume and cover letter by September 13th to the Project Director, Julia Girmenia at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Steering Committee Application – Chair [or Member] Role” and tell us what makes you a good fit for the volunteer position.
The NFFTT team
Communications Assistant – Call for Applications
All Are Welcome Here! Fresh Fruit, Dignity, and Respect with Unity Kitchen