Do you love fruit?
Love to ride a bike and meet new people?
You may be just ripe for our Supreme Gleaner team!
Supreme Gleaners are specially-trained volunteers who go the extra mile to make the harvest happen by leading fruit picks and transporting fruit and equipment by cargo bike.
- Friendly and comfortable in a leadership role
- Reliable and responsible
- Comfortable riding a bike in the city
- Lead fruit picks during Toronto’s fruit harvest season (runs from June to October)
- For each pick, you will:
- pick up a cargo bike and equipment from a neighbourhood storage hub;
- bike to a fruit tree within the same neighbourhood;
- greet volunteers and lead the pick, keeping things friendly and safe; and
- deliver fruit to a nearby partner agency and return equipment to storage.
Note: our fruit picks last up to 2 hours each and the Supreme Gleaner shift is usually 3.5-4 hoursPerks:
- A steady supply of fruit and your chance to pick it throughout the season (think cherries, berries, apples, plums, and more!)
- Picks scheduled according to your availability
- A chance to build community, and contribute to food security and environment sustainability
- The opportunity to ride in style using one of our fancy cargo bikes
- Toronto’s love and affection (except maybe from the squirrels and raccoons!)
New to fruit picking and cargo bike riding? No problem! All Supreme Gleaners will attend a training session. Training sessions will be held in June and August.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Your name, email and phone number
- The ward(s) you’re available to lead picks in
- Why you would be a great Supreme Gleaner
- Whether you can commit to leading four or more picks during the summer and/or fall
Please note: Currently, we are only accepting applications from Supreme Gleaners 18 years of age and older. However, if you are under 18, we would still love for you to join us as a fruit picking volunteer!