As a project of Tides Canada, Not Far from the Tree is governed by a Steering Committee with responsibility for strategic direction, as well as overseeing fundraising, communications, operations, programming and finances. The Steering Committee also manages the Project Director’s performance. Steering Committee members are volunteers and invest about 5 to 7 hours each month.
Currently we are seeking new Steering Committee members to fill the roles of Secretary, and Fundraising & Communications Sub-Committee Chair.
The ideal candidate for the role of Secretary will have administrative support experience and strong organizational and communication skills, as well as being proficient in common file-sharing and online collaboration platforms. Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Engage with Steering Committee Chair to prepare meeting agendas, and ensure action items and other key documents or messages are communicated and distributed to Steering Committee members in a timely manner before each meeting
- Record minutes and action items at monthly meetings, and ensure they are communicated to members in a timely manner after each meeting
- Provide overall management and organization to Manage Steering Committee records and documents on a shared drive, including meeting agendas and minutes, Terms of Reference etc.
The ideal candidate for the Fundraising and Communications Sub-Committee Chair will have expertise in fundraising, marketing and/or communications, as well as a strong professional network, and experience with social enterprise and innovation. Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Work with the Project Director to establish targets and milestones for revenue generation via diversified channels, and for marketing and communications activity and outcomes.
- Support the Project Director in managing fundraising and communications processes and reporting, and provide opportunities for new relationships and interactions where needed.
- Provide regular updates to the Steering Committee about the project’s fundraising and communications status and potential issues.
If you love our city, share our mission and have the experience we are looking for, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by December 2nd, 2016 and tell us what makes you the ideal candidate.
A PDF of this posting can be found here.
Not Far From The Tree is a project of Tides Canada Initiatives Society.
For more information, please go to tidescanada.org/projects.
Not Far from the Tree is committed to creating an inclusive environment,
and we welcome applications from the diverse communities we serve.
Our sincere appreciation to all those expressing interest in the position.
Given the volume of applications, only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.